Monday, October 4, 2010

A shower for Caitlin and Baby Jude

DSC03969 DSC03992

STN_6892

DSC03959_3 (1)

DSC03971

I was lucky enough to head to Seattle a couple of months ago to throw a baby shower for my sister. It was my first time hosting a baby shower and I wanted it to be special. It was a lot of work but so much fun. Although I’m no Martha Stewart I had so much fun choosing decorations and invitations and planning the menu. I can’t get enough of those party poms and they were so easy to make. The food was delicious thanks to my mom and her friends. Since I’ve taken my sweet time posting about the event most of the recipes are completely out of season but I’m going to post them anyway for future reference. I can’t wait to meet my sister’s son!

Cranberry Spinach Salad

Jicama and Watermelon Salad

Chilled Cucumber Soup with Yogurt and Mint

Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad

My mom’s rolls (I need to get this recipe…and learn how to make them)

Cheese Tortellini and Pesto Sauce from Costco

Cucumber Lime Ice Water

Flourless Chocolate Cake

2 comments:

Alice said...

I love red and aqua together!

Sarah said...

darling decorations and i love the invitation.