Wednesday, September 29, 2010

In just 6 short months…

5034242552_acaf508744_b

I realized last Friday that it was my half birthday which means in 6 short months I will be 30. I was inspired by the 30 before 30 list over at Making it Lovely and thought it was a great way to countdown to a big birthday. Here’s a list of my own. I did copy a couple of Nicole’s but mostly it’s a combination of important and trivial little goals to help me celebrate moving into the next decade. I’m sharing it here to make myself accountable. Wish me luck!

1. Go apple or pumpkin picking.

2. Take a weekend trip to Nauvoo.

3. Read Jesus the Christ.

4. Take Beck to Shedd Aquarium.

5. Learn how to make whole wheat bread.

6. Sew Christmas stockings.

7. Take Beck to the Museum of Science and Industry.

8. Learn how to make phad thai.

9. Have a family picture taken.

10. Send out Christmas cards.

11. Learn how to can my Thanksgiving chutney.

12. Frame and display Stephen’s photos.

13. Learn how to make a fabric flower.

14. Clean out hall closet.

15. Make a holiday wreath.

16. Knit or crochet a hat for Beck.

17. Make bedding for soon to be baby nephew, Jude.

18. Display family proclamation in home.

19. Attend a Broadway show in Chicago.

20. Learn how to make my mom’s perfect pie crust.

21. Sew a skirt.

22. Go out to dinner with Stephen at Frontera Grill.

23. Start my literary advent.

24. Sew a blouse.

25. Paint Beck’s room.

26. Sew a dress.

27. Find name and complete temple work for at least one ancestor.

28. Clean out our dungeon storage unit.

29. Update my makeup.

30. Sign up for organic produce box delivery for one month.

4 comments:

Lindy & Trever said...

I would love to learn some of these things with you, am happy to babysit and wish you good luck! Oh and I love the pic of you!

AliceK[i]ND said...

I would be glad to help you with 5 and 13 while you are hear. :)

AliceK[i]ND said...

Um, I mean "here." Duh. :P

Leone said...

Thanks, Lindy! I would love to have someone to work with on some of these items. Cleaning out my closet? Just kidding.

Alice, I was hoping I could learn how to make your mom's whole wheat bread while I'm there and would love your help!